Tuesday, November 01, 2011

The Original Savory Restaurant

i've mentioned this before and i am saying it again, i LOVE food blogs. however, reading one has pros and cons.

PRO: i get ideas on where to eat =)
CON: gets me hungry whenever i read one. who doesn't? lol. =p

it's one of my first love. eating out with my friends or my family. gathering to enjoy each other's company and the good food. trying out something new. and then asking my mom to recreate it for me. =p she's good at doing that. i wish i'm not that lazy to cook though. haha!

the pics below were taken using my reliable blackberry phone. c",) we just came from our weekly grocery at the mall and decided to eat dinner at The Original Savory Restaurant. Savory's one of my mom's fave. she used to relive the old days saying that its first branch was located at Escolta. she loooves their chicken, though i find it too salty. =p

for that night's dinner we ordered lechon macau, salt and pepper squid and yang chow fried rice. 


lechon macau

salt and pepper squid

yang chow fried rice

i'm trying not to eat pork nowadays so i've let my mom and my brother dig into the lechon macau. the salt and pepper squid was good as always. one of my faves here. c",) though i still think that the one from David's Tea House tasted better. =p the rice was also good though i prefer the one from Chowking. less expensive and has more flavor into it. c",) my rating out of 5 as the best, i'd give it a 4. =)

my brother and my mom =)

No comments:

Post a Comment