Saturday, September 03, 2011

unpretty

note: overdue post because i was busy with postgrad stuffs. =p

i've been following and i totally support love yourself blogs lately. it's about feeling good. accepting yourself no matter what your pants size declares. i believe that nobody should be judged nor loved less just because of his/her physical appearance. i've also had my fair share of being laughed at because i'm not thin. and honestly, i don't mind. as long as i have the people who matter with me, loving me for who i am.

and then lately, i had this unforgettable conversation about going on a diet just for a guy to like me. yes, i have been single for quite some time now and i am patiently waiting for the ONE who can see past through it. i believe that i am not ugly and my qualities as a person is not limited by what you can immediately see. and if this is the only thing a guy can see me for, then i don't think that i need this kind of guy in my life.

i was told that fat people do not love themselves. that being fat equates to inability to take care of themselves and that we cannot do everything that we want to. and this, coming from a friend, broke my heart.

i love the person who told me that but:

1st - i love myself. i am making that clear.
2nd - i do whatever it is that i want to do as long as it doesn't do harm to others.
3rd - if i am trying to lose some weight right now, it is for my diabetes. for longer life and a healthier me.

i love myself. i dress up to be presentable to others. i don't wait to lose this and that just to wear a skirt or a dress. i don't judge myself by having an apple-type of body. i even think that i love myself more than those who are blessed to be thin but still think that they're too fat or what.

people should not wait to lose all the unwanted pounds before they love themselves. if they won't, then who else will? yes, the society dictates this and that. but WHO CARES? in the sight of Papa God, we are all made perfectly for the purpose of what He had planned for us. we are all LOVABLE. period. work to be beautiful inside and out.


1 comment:

  1. Well you're beautiful inside and out :) Im not too skinny myself.. but I came across a very inspiring quote last year: "Nothing tastes as good as the feeling of being skinny". Just wanted to share it with you :) Also, I just did a post about my trip to Paris :) Hope you check it out and follow my blog too!
    -GAYLE IS VOLATILE

    ReplyDelete